The Lincoln-Way Half Marathon: 4/29/17
Lace up your running shoes! The Lincoln-Way Half Marathon, formerly known as the Frankfort Half Marathon, will take place on Saturday, April 29, 2017, and will begin at 7:00 a.m. We still have available spaces for runners, sponsors, and volunteers!
• Runners interested in participating can visit www.lincolnwayhalfmarathon.com to register for the cost of $75.00. The next 125 runners to sign up for the race will be entered to win a $50.00 gift card from Walt’s Food Centers! “Virtual runners” can also register for $70.00!
- Thank you to our current sponsors of the LW Half Marathon!
- Presenting sponsor: Steve Siwinski of Draper and Kramer Mortgage Corp.
- Event sponsors: Always Home Real Estate Services LLC, Aurelio’s Pizza, Ciarlette and Robbins, The Law Office of Joseph M. Kosteck, Proven Business Systems, and Riverside Healthcare.
- In Kind sponsors to donate food and other items for the participants include: The Creamery, Spray of Sunshine, Energy Nutrition, Bite Size Pediatric Dentistry, Jimmy John’s, Emagine, and Dick Pond Athletics.
- Our newest partner, Huntington Learning Center, will join us as well!
• There are still a few sponsorship vacancies left! Those interested in sponsorship opportunities can contact Stacie McGlone at LW210Foundation@lw210.org.
• Those interested in volunteering should contact Liz Wirth at LW210Foundation@lw210.org. (Note: This is also a great opportunity for students in need of volunteer hours!)
The scenic course begins at the Breidert Green in downtown Frankfort (123 Kansas Street) and travels west on the Old Plank Trail before turning off into the Hickory Creek Forest Preserve. The race is chip timed and will host an awards ceremony at 10:15 a.m. Runners will receive a tech shirt and prizes from sponsors, and finishers will receive a medal. Proceeds from the race will go directly toward enhancing educational experiences of District 210 students!
Lincoln-Way Calendar Advertising Deadline: 4/21/17
Each school year, the Foundation provides over 5,000 families and community members with a vital calendar that continues to receive "gotta have it" remarks from purchasers. Advertising opportunities are available for each month, in addition to banner and back cover ads. Now is the time to secure your space in our 2017-2018 calendars! When you advertise and support the Foundation School Calendars, families support your businesses. There is limited space available for advertising each year; to secure your ad space, contact the Foundation by April 21st at LW210Foundation@lw210.org. As always, proceeds from calendar sales will benefit all Lincoln-Way students.
The perfect graduation gift: Commemorative Bricks! (Available to order at any time!)
Do you have a graduating senior? An athlete? A musician?
Honor someone special with the perfect Lincoln-Way gift! Each commemorative brick will be placed along the walls of the high school auditorium, allowing the honoree’s name to become a permanent part of the halls where they spent their high school years.
A brick can be purchased for any individual or any group; names of student athletes, siblings, and teams all line the hallways! If interested, please contact Steve Hogan at LW210Foundation@lw210.org.
• Board Members and Volunteers: The Foundation is seeking Board Members and/or volunteers who are interested in helping us achieve our mission of enhancing educational excellence through fundraising efforts. We have openings for Directors on the Board, as well as openings for volunteers to help with our upcoming 2017 events. To learn more, contact Michelle Moyle at LW210Foundation@lw210.org.
• Partnership: Since its launch in 2007, the Lincoln-Way Foundation Partner Program has become the cornerstone of the Foundation's fundraising efforts. As of today, we have over 40 area businesses and individual Partners. The annual gift giving donations range from $1,500-$20,000. These area businesses and individuals help us every year by enhancing Lincoln-Way students’ experience through providing limitless educational opportunities. A list of our Partners can be found on our website, along with a link to each of the businesses. Please contact Kim Jiracek at LW210Foundation@lw210.org if you are interested in becoming a Partner!
- Huntington Learning Center: The Lincoln-Way Foundation is excited to announce their newest Junior level Partnership with Huntington Learning Center in Orland Park! “We are so excited that Huntington saw the value of teaming up with the Foundation,” says Kim Jiracek, co-chair of the Partner Program. “It is a perfect match since the Partner funds go toward scholarships and furthering the educational growth of LW students.” For almost 40 years, Huntington treats students as individuals, and tailor their tutoring programs to fit a student’s unique needs, academic goals, and schedules, which accelerates academic results. The Huntington Learning Center is located at 15226 South LaGrange Road in Orland Park. They can be reached at 708-226-0422.
- Auto Accessories Garage: The Lincoln-Way Foundation would like to thank the Therriault family and Auto Accessories Garage for their partnership. Having had multiple children graduate from the district, this family owned and operated company appreciates the value of a Lincoln-Way education. To show their appreciation, they have pledged to give back with a partnership that dates back more than four years. Their company, Auto Accessories Garage is an online retailer of automotive parts and accessories located at 28 W Nebraska St., Frankfort. Visit their website at www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com.