- About LWE
The following is the Key to Grading:
I Withhold- Conditional
WP Withdrawn Without Penalty
WF Withdrawn Failing
“WP” and “I” grades are not figured in computing grade point averages.
“WF” grades are figured the same as an “F” grade when computing grade point averages.
Final grades are determined by one semester grading period, and the final exam grade. The percentages for each component of the final grade are;
a) Each Semester = 80%
b) Semester exam grade = 20%
GRADE POINT AVERAGE INDEXING
Lincoln-Way has established a system for indexing grades that affects the Grade Point Average (GPA) of students taking indexed courses. Generally, indexed courses are “Honors” and “Advanced Placement” (AP) courses. To initially enroll in one or more indexed courses the freshman year, incoming students must meet one or more of the following entrance criteria: (1) placement in approximately the top 20% of the incoming freshman class as measured by the appropriate portions of the PSAT 8/9 Test, or other appropriate standardized tests recognized by Lincoln-Way; (2) teacher recommendation; and (3) parental consent. Incoming students who do not otherwise qualify for an indexed course may initially enter with a parent/student waiver. An invitation to enroll in an indexed course may include qualifying requirements such as a written essay, portfolio, prognosis tests, and evidence of a high degree of self-motivation.
To benefit from the indexed grades, a student must earn a grade of C- or higher in an indexed designated course.
• AFJROTC: AFJROTC Honors
• Ag/IT: Welding 3 Honors
• ART: AP Studio Art – Drawing, AP Studio Art – 2D Design, AP Art History
• BUSINESS: Honors Accounting, AP Computer Science Principles
• ENGLISH: English I Honors, English II Honors, AP English Language, AP English Literature
• WORLD LANGUAGES: French 3 Honors, French 4 AP, German 3 Honors, German 4 AP, Spanish 3 Honors, Spanish 4 AP, Spanish 5 AP, Mandarin Chinese 3 Honors, AP Chinese Language & Culture
• MATHEMATICS: Algebra 1 Honors, Geometry Honors, Algebra 2 & Pre-Calculus Honors, AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP Computer Science
• MUSIC: AP Music Theory, Orchestra Honors, Wind Ensemble, Chorale
• SCIENCE: Biology Honors, Chemistry Honors, Physics Honors, AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1 & 2, AP Environmental Science, Human Anatomy & Physiology Honors, Human Anatomy & Physiology Medical - Honors
• SOCIAL SCIENCE: World History and Geography Honors, AP U.S. History, AP Psychology, AP Government/Politics, AP Macroeconomics, AP European History, AP Comparative Government & Politics, and AP Human Geography
For the Class of 2021 and beyond, at the end of each semester, a student’s GPA will be determined by a weighted system of one additional point for each Honors or Advanced Placement (AP) course completed with a C- or better.
|GRADE||Regular Classes||Honors/AP Classes|