Lincoln-Way East honors student athletes in Winter Signing Day CeremoniesFriday, February 3, 2017
During the first week in February at Lincoln-Way East, parents, coaches, and teachers gathered to recognize nine student athletes for their commitment to compete in athletics at the collegiate level.
Athletic Director Mark Vander Kooi welcomed approximately 200 in attendance at the Winter Signing Day Ceremonies.
Students recognized included:
• Drey Boyter, who will play football at Concordia University – Wisconsin
• Sam Diehl, who will play football at Colgate University
• Bianca Galassini, who will play soccer at the University of South Carolina
• Kyle Julius, who will play football at St. Ambrose University
• Bailey Kramer, who will play basketball at Aurora University
• Kim Seper, who will play soccer at Illinois Wesleyan University
• Brett Stegmueller who will play football at University of Wisconsin – River Falls
• Zach Tenza, who will play football at Truman State University
• Ana Warkocki, who will run cross country and track at Augustana College
“The student athletes have represented Lincoln-Way very well,” said Vander Kooi. “They have been successful in their sport, as well as in the classroom. This is evident by having the opportunity to go on and compete at the college level. Congratulations, Griffins!”