Lincoln-Way Central student athletes honored in Signing Day CeremonyThursday, February 2, 2017
On Wednesday, February 1, 2017 in the Lee F. Rosenquist Theatre at Lincoln-Way Central, parents, coaches, and teachers gathered to recognize five student athletes for their commitment to compete in athletics at the collegiate level.
Athletic Director Matthew Lyke welcomed those in attendance at the National Signing Day Ceremony. “On behalf of the Athletic Department, I want to thank you for joining us in celebrating the commitment of these fine student athletes. The incredible people before you are now part of a very select group.”
Students recognized included:
• Colleen Barrett: Barrett will attend St. Ambrose University where she will compete in softball.
• Marina Esparza: Esparza will attend Lindenwood University where she will compete in softball.
• Hanah Mastandrea: Mastandrea will attend St. Francis University where she will compete in golf.
• Makayla Otto: Otto will attend Trinity Christian College where she will compete in softball.
• Cam Post: Post will attend Oakland University where he will compete in baseball.
“Through hard work in athletics and academics you have been granted the opportunity to pursue your dreams,” said Lyke. “As we are sad to see our seniors go, we are excited about your future in college athletics. We know you will dedicate yourselves as you prepare for the next phase of your life. You will carry your Knight memories with you forever. Congratulations! You are truly deserving.”