"Teen Driver? What Every Parent Should Know"Thursday, March 11, 2021
The New Lenox Safe Community Coalition, in collaboration with our coalition partners, has developed a program for parents of new teen drivers. The event will take place via Zoom video conference on Wednesday, March 24, 2021 from 7:30pm to 8:30pm.
The program will feature guest speakers from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office, Lincoln-Way Community High School District 210 Driver’s Education Department, Village of New Lenox, and Country Financial.
The program will cover the following:
1. Illinois’ Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) Program – history, phases & sanctions.
2. Lincoln-Way Driver’s Education curriculum – permit, classroom, and behind-the-wheel instruction.
3. Guidance and helpful tips for parents regarding their teen’s mandated 50-hours of behind-the-wheel practice driving.
4. Auto Insurance considerations having a teen driver in the house.
5. Information from the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office / Life Goes On Organ Tissue Donor Program.
The GDL Parent-Teen Driving Guide created by the Illinois Secretary of State’s Office will be available as a PDF and a “Student Driver” magnetic car sign will be available compliments Rocky Dellamano from Country Financial.
Please register at Eventbrite via this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/teen-driver-what-every-parent-should-know-tickets-145566189391. Prior to the event, a link to the Zoom videoconference will be sent to all registrants via email.
For questions about the program, please contact Daniel Martin, Safe Community Coordinator, Village of New Lenox, at (815) 462-6493 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.