VAPING: Understanding the Hazards and RisksTuesday, October 29, 2019
The Village of New Lenox and its Safe Communities America Coalition, in partnership with Lincoln-Way School District #210, is hosting a forum entitled “VAPING: Understanding the Hazards and Risks.” The event will be held on Thursday, November 14, 2019 from 7:00pm to 8:00pm in the auditorium at Lincoln-Way West High School, 21701 Gougar Road, New Lenox, IL 60451.
Those planning to attend the event should enter the campus off of Gougar Road, where parking is available north and south of the auditorium.
Tim Baldermann, Mayor, Village of New Lenox, will provide opening remarks for the event. Following the Mayor’s opening remarks, our featured panelists are:
• Dr. Aaron Weiner, PhD – Licensed Clinical Psychologist and Director of Addiction Services at Linden Oaks Behavioral Health
• Alpesh Patel – Epidemiologist, Will County Health Department
• Ruby Johnson – Parent of Teen Hospitalized with Vaping-Related Illness
Those in attendance will learn of the hazards and risks related to vaping. In addition, the panelists will:
• Discuss the types of vaping that teens and adults are doing. Examples of devices will be on hand for parents to look at.
• Share personal stories about those affected by lung illness associated with vaping.
• Provide Will County and State of Illinois statistical data regarding lung illness cases associated with vaping.
• Share information about what health departments are doing about this epidemic.
• Share information regarding proposed (Illinois) legislation.
• Share prevention strategies for teens that are vaping.
In addition to the presentation at 7:00pm, the Will County Health Department, Linden Oaks Behavioral Health, and HERO (Heroin Epidemic Relief Organization) will have informational tables set-up for guests to visit. These organizations will have information and literature on vaping to share with guests from 6:30pm to 7:00pm in the atrium just outside the auditorium.
No registration is needed to attend this event. For additional information or questions, please contact Daniel Martin, Safe Community Coordinator, Village of New Lenox, email@example.com, or (815) 462-6493.