Lincoln-Way Capital Improvement Plan
Thursday, October 17, 2019
At the October 17, 2019 meeting, the Board of Education discussed the District’s 10-Year Capital Improvement Plan. In Fiscal Year 2021, Lincoln-Way has budgeted for approximately $4.2 million in capital projects.
To continue to ensure the safety of all our students and staff members, the District will invest $1 million for a new Public Address system, bells, and Critical Incident Communication System in all three buildings.
Other capital projects will include:
- Stadium turf replacement and outdoor track resurfacing at Lincoln-Way West
- Out building renovations at Lincoln-Way Central and Lincoln-Way East
- Roofing repairs at Lincoln-Way Central
- Weight room renovations at Lincoln-Way East
- Refinishing the main gym floors at Lincoln-Way Central and East
- Installing paths to baseball and softball fields at Lincoln-Way West
“Stronger budgetary management and three consecutive years of budget surplus have allowed Lincoln-Way 210 to reinvest in capital projects over the past couple of years,” said Superintendent Scott Tingley. “This 10-year capital improvement plan is a way for us to plan ahead, continue to maintain our buildings, and create a positive and safe environment for students, staff, and community members to enjoy.”
The 10-year Capital Improvement Plan can be found on BoardDocs. The District will now go to bid on the proposed projects.