Lincoln-Way Central students gear up for a musical month
Monday, April 30, 2018
Students of the Lincoln-Way Central Music Department are gearing up for a very musical month of May. Productions include:
• May 3, May 4, and May 5: The spring musical, SHREK, begins at 7:00 p.m. on each day. Tickets are $10 and are available at the door or by visiting www.lwcmusic.org.
• May 8: Choral Concert at 7:00 p.m. The concert features the Lincoln-Way Central Chorale, Chamber Singers, Mixed Choir, Treblemakers and Singing Knights. All Lincoln-Way Central Choral Alumni are invited to join the choirs onstage for the annual finale, "Bridge Over Troubled Water."
• May 10: Band Concert at 7:00 p.m. The performance will feature the Lincoln-Way Central Wind Ensemble, Symphonic Band and Percussion Ensembles.
• May 14: Strings Concert at 6:30 p.m. The performance will feature the combined Orchestras and Guitar Studios of Lincoln-Way Central and Lincoln-Way West. Students will perform a variety of classical and popular music.
• May 17: Jazz Concert at 7:00 p.m. The performance will feature Lincoln-Way Central’s jazz bands and vocal jazz ensembles.
• May 18: Percussion Concert at 7:00 p.m. This concert will be dedicated completely to percussion ensemble repertoire.
The Lincoln-Way Central Music Department accepts nonperishable food items for concert admission; all donations will be sent to local food pantries.
"Our May concert series is always bittersweet as we celebrate all we have accomplished together throughout the year while also saying goodbye to our senior class,” says Lincoln-Way Central Music Department Chair, Stacy Williams-Jackson. “They are guaranteed to be wonderful evenings of Knight Music; we hope to see everyone there!"