Lincoln-Way West athletes participate in National Signing DayThursday, February 8, 2018
On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 in Warriors’ Lodge at Lincoln-Way West, parents, coaches and teachers gathered to recognize student athletes for their commitment to compete in athletics at the collegiate level.
Athletic Director Ted Robbins welcomed those in attendance at the National Signing Day Ceremony and thanked both the athletes and parents for their dedication. “The athletes making college commitments today are role models for our current student-athletes and future Warriors by their determination and outstanding work ethic on and off the field of play,” he said. “Thank you to the parents for all of your support of Lincoln-Way West and the athletic program. Your enthusiastic support of the students, the coaches, the teams and the school enable all of us to experience the thrill and excitement of high school athletics.”
Students recognized included:
· Hannah Barry, who will compete in rowing at Eastern Michigan University.
· Josh Carlson, who will compete in water polo at McKendree University.
· Alex Kubitz, who will compete in bowling at Clarke University.
· Anthony Lullo, who will compete in football at Valparaiso University.
· Matt Murphy, who will compete in football at Northwest Missouri State University.
· Paul Negri, who will compete in golf at Lewis University.
· Jake Price, who will compete in football at Winona State University.
· Ryan Robbins, who will compete in football at Truman State University.
· Kyle Seymour, who will compete in soccer at Aurora University.
· Jordan Telez, who will compete in football at University of Wisconsin-Platteville
· Evan Weygandt, who will compete in football at University of Mount Union
Robbins closed the ceremony by congratulating athletes and parents on their “outstanding accomplishment.” He said, “We look forward to following your collegiate careers and seeing all the great things you will accomplish in the future.”