Lincoln-Way East athletes participate in National Signing DayThursday, February 8, 2018
On Wednesday, February 7, 2018 in the Griffins’ Lair at Lincoln-Way East, parents, coaches, and teachers gathered to recognize nine student athletes for their commitment to compete in athletics at the collegiate level.
Athletic Director Mark Vander Kooi welcomed those in attendance at the National Signing Day Ceremony and spoke highly of the Griffin athletes.
Students recognized included:
· Cambrii Alexander, who will compete in basketball at Clarke University.
· Madi Corey, who will compete in volleyball at Illinois Wesleyan University.
· Maria Fields, who will compete in soccer at Benedictine University.
· Lauren Hunter, who will compete in basketball at The United States Merchant Marine Academy.
· Amanda Logan, who will compete in soccer at Purdue University-Northwest.
· Colton Marks, who will compete in bowling at St. Xavier University.
· Mike Trost, who will compete in cross country/track at University of North Dakota.
· Mikayla Varga, who will compete in swimming at University of Illinois.
· Cassandra Weyker, who will compete in tennis at Anderson University.
“College signing day is always a proud day for Lincoln-Way East and our athletic program,” said Vander Kooi. “Today is no exception. This group has represented our athletic program well on the fields, on the courts, on the track, in the pools and on the lanes. They also have worked hard in the classroom. They have done great things at Lincoln-Way and they will do great things in college and in life.”